Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Day 4: Challenge

Day 4: The Parents
This is an interesting topic and one I am not used to writing about during the generic "challenge". My family has had its ups and downs and through it all, I love and greatly admire my parents. We have been through alot and at the end of the day, they are there for me no matter what. I wouldn't be the Mom or wife that I am without their influence. 

Debbie AKA Mom- My Mom has taught me the true way to be a servant. She is fantastic at taking care of people and really does an amazing job at helping  people feel comfortable and loved. She is the most selfless person I know. She is fiercely protective and while she is SO sweet natured, you do not want to get on her bad side! She loves her Illini and we can shop all day long! She is an associate at the Guest House in Urbana and they are lucky to have her. She is a great Grammy too!

Kevin AKA Dad- My Dad is probably one of the funniest people I know. He also  is a true servant at heart and would just about anything for anyone. Few people know how successful he is in his professional life. He is Director of Therapy at a large nursing home/assisted living facility. He loves what he does and he is good at it. The people he works with love him :) He is an excellent cook, was a music pastor years ago and gives a great massage! A man of many talents and a great Papa too!
They will both be mad that I posted this picture :) Over 20 years ago!
A more current photo- Mom is to my right. They are great!

1 comments:

RK said...

Ok, I am loving this one!! :o) Please tell them both hello for us. Sure wish they'd take a road trip to StL and come visit!