Monday, October 18, 2010

Cousins!

As a kid, I wasn't aware that not everyone's extended family lived far away. I thought it was normal to only see grandparents a few times a year. I began to realize in my grade school years that everyone on my Mom's side of the family lived close to each- and we didn't. As an adult, I still feel a bit "ripped" off that I didn't get to grow up around my extended family, specifically my cousins. Thankfully, through modern technologies, like facebook and texting, my relationships with many of my extended family are stronger than ever before. I am so thankful for them!
All this to say that I am way excited that Mataya is getting to spend some quality time with her cousins- Brianna, Braylon and Brooklin. I have no idea whether they will get to grow up close together or not, so I am taking advantage of the time we have now! The kids were excited to meet the baby from the moment we told them we were expecting. They are so sweet with her and often fight over who gets to hold her next. I hope her and Brooklin will be great friends as they are close in age.
I caught some fantastic pictures of the four of them meeting for the first time.

 Brookie holding "Baby Girl" and being so sweet and careful. She still insists that Mataya needs her "boppie" (pacifier) and loves to be a helper when she comes over. 



 Braylon absolutely melts my heart with how much he already loves Mataya. He was so proud to tell everyone about his new cousin and still wants to love on her. He also asks me on a regular basis when I am going to have a boy cousin because he is way outnumbered! 


 Brianna is fantastic with Mataya. She is a natural with holding her and she is probably the only 10 year I truly trust holding her. It is hard for me to believe that Brianna was that little almost 11 years ago! She was my "first" baby!


All the Smith grandkids! The kids I love the most in the whole world :)

0 comments: