Tuesday, February 23, 2010

So Proud...

I have amazing cousins. All of my cousins on my Mom's side grew up in Iowa, essentially together. It wasn't until I was older and formed closer bonds with my cousins that I felt a bit cheated. A bit cheated that I didn't get to go to see them regularly. I could have attended sports events, birthday parties and other important events. I could have been there with them in the good and the bad. Luckily now that we are older, it is easier somewhat to be close, because we have phones, facebook and all sorts of other communication methods. I am extremely lucky and thankful to have them in my life!
 
Minus a few, but still having fun!

In this moment, for this post, I am especially proud of Kody. Kody and I are 10 years apart and have never been close like I am with his sisters, but we still have a neat bond. I think he appreciates that I can talk basketball with the best of them. And he thinks it is pretty great that he is WAY taller than me. He has to be tall- he is an amazing basketball player. Recently, Kody's mom, my Aunt Mary, was diagnosed with cancer. There was an amazing article in the newspaper about this being Kody's senior year and how he is dealing with all that is going on. I cried throughout the majority of it and was simply reminded of how lucky I am to have such a great family. You can find the article here:

http://www.desmoinesregister.com/article/20100222/SPORTS0811/100222029/1003/SPORTS/Southeast-Polk-s-Kody-Ingle-has-a-motto-Be-strong-for-mom

 
So what if I am standing on a park bench? I can be tall too!

 

 

0 comments: