Monday, March 14, 2011

Day 10: Challenge

Day 10: Something You're Afraid Of
Oh Lord! If you know me at all you already know the answer to this... I am absolutely TERRIFIED of birds.  It does not matter if it is a sparrow or a hawk, if it is coming towards me, I am out of there! This presents a problem in several places. The first being at the zoo. Now I am generally lucky enough that there is a house/exhibit specified for birds and I don't miss out on seeing other animals. Anyone I have been to the zoo with knows I go nowhere near those places. You would have to pay me ALOT of money to even step foot inside a building where birds are flying free.

It also presented a problem when I had my senior pictures taken. We went to a huge botanical garden in Des Moines and there were little blue birds all over the place! If I had digital copies of my senior pics I would show you the MANY out takes of me ducking and freaking out.
It also presented a problem when my Dad decided to bring some birds home as pets. Now this is after he FINALLY got rid of the killer bird you can read about in my "15 Facts" post. Clouse was VERY mean!

This picture makes my stomach churn! 

He got 2 little blue budgies. Now while I am sure these birds were perfectly nice (yeah, right), they terrified me. Those little beaks could peck my eyes out! Dad kept them in the basement and guess where my room was? They were in the office area hanging from the ceiling and every night I would RUN past that room and then shut my bedroom door as fast as I could. Probably makes me crazy...

2 comments:

Adam Morrison said...

Now I know why we don't get along. You can't stand Adam the Hawk! Freaks ya out! You think I'm gonna peck your eyes out!

melbys said...

while i am not freaked out by them, i have to agree that birds are just stupid. a bird "singing" in the morning? that's not peaceful. that bird just woke me up, what the crap?!