Friday, January 4, 2013

48 Books in 2013

I am a reader. There are few things I love better than curling up with a good book and reading to my heart's content. Granted, this doesn't happen as often as I would like, given that I have a 2 year old who only naps for so long each day, (and sometimes not at all!) So one of my "resolutions", if you will, is to make time to read. I think it is important for several reasons. I deserve time to read, to escape and just be alone in my own world. I didn't read a single book for a year after M was born. A YEAR! In that same breath, I want M to share my love of reading, which so far, she does. I want to set an example. I want her to see me reading and to know that she is always welcome to read along beside me.

So, all this to say, in my own OCD world, a system has been set up so that I will read 48 books in the year 2013. It's a lofty goal, especially with a baby on the way, but very attainable. My plan is to read 4 books a month. One fiction/novel, one parenting/family, one "spiritual" and one misc (ie whatever looks good at the library). The books for January have been chosen and here they are!

Fiction:

Parenting/Family:

Spiritual:

Miscellaneous: 

I have already read 2 of these this year (I know, right!) and will be sharing my opinion of them soon. I am absolutely giddy with the idea of being a "reader" again. Now if I could only cut back the reality tv time...




1 comments:

melbys said...

Love your goal and the books you chose. Can't wait to read your reviews. They look like ones I'd enjoy - all of them!