Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Alot To Do in 6 Weeks

So Baby Boy Thaman is due in about 6 weeks... where in the world did the last 7 months go? It seems to have gone so much faster this time than it did with Mataya. Probably because I simply can't spend the time thinking about it. When I got pregnant this time, I started making a list of all the "projects" I wanted to get done before he came along. A majority of them are still in process, but a few of them are FINISHED! And what is better than a finished project? Very few things if you ask me!

Project #1- Mataya being day time potty trained - DONE!

This was easier than once expected, since she basically decided she was ready. She is wearing panties all day, except nap time and has only had one accident in 4 weeks! I have no real tricks or tips as to the easiest way to potty train. THE CHILD HAS TO BE READY! You can't force it or you are simply setting up everyone for failure. At this point, she is simply taking off her panties and going into the bathroom on the big girl potty. I don't have to tell her or remind her at all! When we are in public I am still very proactive about asking and making sure she goes on a regular basis. She tends to get overstimulated and forgets. All this being said, she is still in a diaper at nap time and bedtime. We have tried a few times to wear panties through nap and her body simply isn't ready for that yet. When she starts waking up dry on a regular basis, we'll try again. Not stressed about it!

Project #2- Mataya sleeping in her big girl bed - DONE!
I wasn't really excited about this, because I had always been told that you leave a child in their crib until they can climb out. Mataya had fallen out once and never tried again, so why ruin a good thing ? However, she no longer fits in the pack and play. We travel enough that we needed her to be able to sleep on a pallet on the floor or on a pull out couch. So, the transition began... Over Christmas she slept on a pull-out bed in a hotel. We simply told her it was her "big girl" bed and that she couldn't get down until we told her. She did AWESOME! When we got home, Gabe took the front off her crib, again talking about a cute and fancy big girl bed. She gets right in, covers up, and  stays there all night. She does have a gate in front of her door so she doesn't go roaming, but so far she hasn't got up until we told her she could come to the gate. My baby is all grown up!

Project #3 - Converting loft office into playroom - DONE!
Well, mainly done and usable. I have several decoration things I want to do in there. We also still need to get 4 childproof locks for the doors before I let Mataya play up there alone. I am loving it because it is as if Mataya got all these new toys! They had all been in the old playroom (which will be the baby's room) and it had become storage, not usable play space. I am planning a full post on the playroom, so I am not going to post pictures for now.

Project #4 - Garage cleaned out and up - not even started!
I had grand plans of getting our garage in order when I put all the Christmas decor away, but I became absolutely overwhelmed when going at it alone. I need to get my Mom over here - she is fabulous at these sort of projects and she can tolerate my cold garage.

Project #5 - Finish Mataya's baby book - making progress...
I really would like to get Mataya's baby book finished before Baby Boy gets here. I just feel like if I have any hope of him having a filled out book, hers needs to be done first! It is just a matter of getting the right pictures printed and filling in some blanks. It's simply been an off the radar project the last, oh, 2 years :)

I am determined that 2013 is going to be the year of finishing the unfinished. The unfinished scrapbooks, organizing the OUT OF CONTROL picture library on our computer (we're talking over 15,000 pictures),  following through with craft projects and not dropping out of Bible Study this semester. The list could go on and on and on!

0 comments: