Thursday, December 3, 2009

The Christmas Card

The Christmas season is clearly upon us. I have all the decorations out in our apartment but still need to get the tree up. We have e-mailed our lists to family. Seeing Alexis in Christmas in the Chapel this weekend will be the official start to my Christmas season. We are all Christmas music all the time.
All of this has gotten me thinking about our Christmas card for 2009. I feel like it will be alot easier next year when we have a cute little face to show off. Hoping for some creative energy, I decided to google "Christmas Card Pictures". I got some really cute ideas and think I have a plan. I will post a copy when I am done with them.
However, during my search, I came across some real doozies. I thought some of you might enjoy what I am calling "Christmas Card Do Nots".

Some were simply weird. I would be giving the same face as the little girl. Can't you just hear her? "Really guys? This is ridiculous!" 





Others were creepy. I hate clowns and to me this card screams RUN AWAY! Why would you do that to your child? YIKES!

But by far the funniest was this fantastic picture, clearly taken at Sears/JC Penney.
 
I asked Gabe if we could do this for ours, but was vetoed. I told him I would get him the shirt and everything... no go! It makes me laugh out loud!

One final picture...


I feel like this could be a very real card for us someday soon. Just change the names to Gabe and Aubrey and you have our Christmas 2014 card! Be prepared! 

0 comments: