Thursday, December 17, 2009

The Signs of Things to Come

I have no shame in admitting to my bargain shopping abilities. I will not buy anything full price and rarely buy much that is over $20.00. This being said, I have already started buying for Baby Thaman. If I completely honest, I started buying for Baby Thaman before there was a Baby Thaman. I have many friends that are pregnant and when I would find bargains, I would buy them as gifts, knowing good and well that they could be used for our own children. I have bought boy and girl clothes and will more than likely save the opposite gender stuff for future children. I am also taking hand-me-downs from my sister who has a little girl.

You knew my child was going to have an Illini wardrobe... This is just the start :) (Both are hand-me-down items)
Boy or girl- this child is ready for it's first birthday! (Girl onesie is a hand-me-down, Boy bib was $2.00 and the shirt was $3.00)
 
These are all hand-me-downs from my sister.

These are all outfits I have bought for under $3.00.
If we have a girl, she will come home in the brown and pink outfit.


 Although Halloween isn't my favorite holiday, I couldn't resist these cute items. The bib was all of .29 and the onesie was .70.

It isn't just clothes though. Because we are going to live in Mexico, I have begun stocking up on books, toys and such. Gabe agrees with me that it will be hard to find many of these things in Mexico and that they will be more expensive.
These were each $1.00. How in the world could I resist?
The teacher in me wants to buy books ALL the time! I rationalized these because of how cheap they were. Hard to believe we'll be reading them to our 6 MONTH OLD next Christmas!


We bought these even before we knew we were pregnant. I see us getting many years of joy of these!

There you have it my friends. I am loving the bargains and hoping I can find many many more before this little one arrives!

0 comments: