Thursday, January 10, 2013

A Girl and Her Puppy

If you know me in real life, you know my dog. My "first born", is a 12 lb. miniature pinscher mixed  with rat terrier adopted from the Humane Society 3 years ago. Piper drives me up the wall most days and yet I cannot imagine life without her.

Part of the reason I cannot imagine life without her is because Mataya doesn't know life without her. I had no idea how Piper would do with a baby after being "the baby" for almost a year. Piper has honestly been the best dog when it comes to how tolerant she is of my rowdy 2 year old.

 This is the day we brought Mataya home from the hospital. Piper did not let her out of her sight for a solid 24 hours. I am sure she wondered when we were going to take her back to wherever she came from!

If I ever sat Mataya up on the couch, Piper was quickly to follow, almost as if she wanted to make sure Mataya wouldn't slide off. This is when Piper still outweighed Mataya :)


 Having some swinging time - these girls are rarely apart!

This picture is a great representation of Mataya and Piper's relationship currently. They wrestle and cuddle, fuss at each other and are more like sisters than I could have imagined. 

My sweet girls. I am so glad Mataya has this special friend. Piper is absolutely fabulous with her and I couldn't have asked for a more tolerant, sweeter mutt when it came to kids in my life. She is protective  and I have no doubt she would keep her safe no matter what. 

0 comments: